SHIFT LEAD - Shari's of North Yakima
Reports To: Manager on Duty
Shift Lead Duties:
- Cover for assistant managers while they are on a meal break.
- Set up shift using the FOH and BOH logs, make station assignment and print prep sheets.
- Supervise food production and guest service according to Shari’s standards.
- Handle guest complaints on shift and make the General Manager aware of any concerns.
- Check team member side work and deep cleaning assignments.
- Oversee training that is scheduled on your shift.
- Understand Shari’s application process and provide information to candidates who inquired about applying.
- Report team member performance issues to your General Manager.
- Ensure that company policies as stated in handbook are upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Properly complete shift and daily accounting responsibilities. Follow Shari’s Security and Banking Procedures and Shari’s Cash Handling Policies.
- Other duties as assigned by your General Manager.
- Provide a high level of guest service ensuring that each guest that dines in your sections has a positive and memorable experience.
- Make an effort to recognize regular guests and provide personal service based on the guest’s need.
- Warmly acknowledge and greets guests as they arrive at the restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table.
- Maintain full menu knowledge to answer guests’ questions and suggest appropriate food and beverages.
- Take guests’ orders and accurately input them into the restaurant order system.
- Prepare and serve soups, salads, beverages and desserts using the correct timing, service techniques and portions.
- Inspect orders prior to delivery to ensure quality, accuracy and add proper garnishes, such as dressing, rolls and sauces.
- Maintain the guest dining experience by checking back, refilling beverages, pre-bussing plates and offering dessert.
- Present an accurate guest check and sincerely thank the guest for dining at Shari’s and offer an invitation to provide feedback.
- Clean and reset tables.
- Assist with cashing out restaurant guests.
- Assist with the input, preparation and assembly of takeout orders.
- Assist with the preparation and decoration of pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over your station
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help when needed.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify management of any guest complaint.
- Keep your station neat and organized, complete side work during non-busy hours.
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- In Oregon restaurants, assist with late night, lottery functions including drop box security tasks.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
1. Commitment to quality guest service, and food and beverage knowledge.
2. Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
3. Ability to work calmly and effectively under verifying degrees of busyness.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to memorize and recall order codes, portions and plating standards.
6. Meet productivity standards and complete work using time efficiently.
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these operations using units of United States money and weight measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits – Obtain and maintain required food handler and alcohol service permits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is required to stand for 10 consecutive minutes at a time for 2-4 hours. Employee will walk for 5 consecutive minutes at a time for 2-6 hours. Employee will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Employee will continuously be performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Employee will frequently bend and twist. Employee will occasionally push and pull, do fine hand manipulation, reach above the shoulder and kneel or squat. The position seldom requires climb/stairs. Employee will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently lift or carry 11-15 pounds and rarely lift 16-20 pounds.